1 Days ago
Blink Recruitment Limited are a rapidly growing recruiter acting as an employment business.
Established in 2020, we have a rapidly growing portfolio of companies looking to employ on a full time and permanent basis.
Engineering manager – Full time/Permanent – Crewe
As the Engineering manager you will possess the following essential skills
- Educated to minimum HND in an Engineering discipline.
- Experience of managing a machine shop – minimum 5 years.
- Experience of operating CNC machine(s) – desirable.
- Ability to communicate clearly and confidently with customers, suppliers, and subcontractors, building long-lasting relationships based on trust.
- Ability to communicate effectively with employees at all levels.
- Must possess a good level of IT skills, including Microsoft Office and manufacturing scheduling systems – essential.
- Strong communication, leadership, and organisational skills - essential.
- Reliable and trustworthy – essential.
- Full clean driving licence – essential.
Day to Day Activities
- Prepare quotations – estimate machine set up and run time(s), inspection times, raw material costs and subcontractor costs.
- Ensure that all quotations have the capability to deliver the target margin for the business as set by the General Manager.
- Carry out contract review on all orders received, to ensure that they are in line with the associated quotation and in line with business capabilities; advise the customer if an amendment to price and/or delivery date is required.
- Produce a production schedule that meets the needs of customers and the obligations of the business; Analyse and adjust work schedules as required.
- Order materials in a timely manner to meet the production schedule.
- Ensure that the appropriate equipment and tooling is on hand and ready to meet production demands.
- Lead a team of skilled machine operators, ensuring that they are motivated, suitably trained and rewarded appropriately.
- Manage production costs to budget.
- Solve production problems.
- Identify and implement opportunities for cost reduction and improvement in efficiency.
- Ensure that components produced within the machine shop are of the required quality.
- Manage customer interactions via telephone, email and meetings as required.
- Handle all personnel matters within the team, including appraisals, identification of training needs and disciplinary issues.
- Ensure that the machine shop operations align with company policies and procedures.
- Lead the Engineering team by example.
- Carry out any other tasks that may reasonably be required and which are deemed to fall within his/her area of competence.
Shifts and pay
- 35k to 40k a year
- Monday to Friday – Day shifts – Flexibility needed
- Nest Pension
- Digital Payslips
- Holiday pay
- Dedicated point of contact.
- Employee of the month competition
- Guaranteed permanent role and no agency pitter patter.
- Easy online registration via the “sign up” button on Blink Recruitments Facebook page
Please call 01782 939097 today to arrange our online registration and interview.